Skip to main content

Breathtaking Balgownie - day 4

A lovely nights sleep and a planned power cut and I forced myself out of bed and into my running gear to shock the Yarra Valley with my less than svelte form in shocking pink gym kit!! A 4km walk-jog-walk-jog-walk past the vineyards and up and down dale was quite a treat. I was accompanied in my heavy breathing by the sound of frogs in the creek, an irritated gallah and a shrieking cockatoo. No kookaburras yet but at least the sun was shining as I plodded my way up and down the road to Acacia Ridge and back. Three wineries within a 2km stretch so a walking mini-tasting tour would be possible but don't think I'd ever get Adrian back up the hill again seeing as it was an effort to drag myself up it this morning!!

A quick shower before hitting the restaurant for breakfast- fresh fruit OMG I forgot how good fresh pineapple is when it's not travelled several thousand kilometres and the passionfruit was also to die for. 

After a mid morning siesta to disgust our Humungous breakfast we hit the Spa. A nice gentle swim in the pool and a quick a lounge in the steam room followed. Well the swim was nice and gentle once I turned off the swim jets!! Thought I'd try them out but shot me half way down the swimming lane and took several attempts to swim back to turn them off again! Adrian laughed at me until I turned them on for him as well!! Swim over and a nice warm shower before heading back to the  room. I still don't understand the physics of swimming pool temperatures. When you first get in the pool the ware and the air appear warm and steamy after a short swim it sudenly feels freezing and you can't wait to get out once you start shivering. A lazy afternoon in the room catching up on emails and social media and a quick snooze to get warm and we were ready to hit the restaurant to retry a big dinner. Having skipped lunch to today we finally managed a huge three courses and a lovely bottle of Estate Pinot Noir. Now chillaxing back in our suite trying not to  worry about tomorrow's drive into the city without a proper Sat Nav..........








Comments

  1. Wow what a place - scenery, activities, food and wine (I'm drooling) the lot. The pool certainly sounded fun! Adrian sounds to be getting some fun exercises in a wonderful environment. I guess you haven't been able to download the relevant maps to your satnav. There was an item in our local news referring to a lady in pink attire setting new records in your area - now I know who it is!! Best to you both and enjoy. Looking forward to your next blog from NZ I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stolen slots and Shopping - Day 34

A relaxing day shopping at DFO (Direct Factory Outlook) at Jindalee. Adrian and I  stopped off at Mount Cootha (one tree hill - they have them everywhere) on the way for great views out over Brisbane. I have fond memories of it back in the day being a cool place to hang out and listen to jazz in the sun in a Sunday. Sadly on a Thursday it was nice view but little less chillaxing with the tourists and some local politician about to do a TV interview. We got to DFO and spotted a disabled spot but at the near end of a one way row (wrong way as was no entry so we turned down the next row), as we got to the spot about 45 secs later I was irritated to see someone had taken our spot by driving straight in through the no entry as I got closer I recognised Stuart's Ute and had a quick chuckle to myself! We soon found a park at the opposite end of the car park. We met Rachael and Stuart inside and laughed as I told them about having stolen our park! We mooches around  all the shops and ...

Washouts and wizards - Day 33

Very wet lost time driving around to find a park. We finally are in the Queen Street Car Park belie Myers - very expensive, cos more to Karl there got an hour than it does o park in Southbank for a day!! Once we finally found our bearings an looking like we'd had a bah fully clothed, we reached Treasury Casino and stood being dropped on heavily by the disabled entrance while we waited for a security guard to let us in. Treasury casino has changed a little, I couldn't find the usual restaurant we used to frequent for our 5am, sober up breakfasts of the Fizz and Strawberries that Ness and I used to treat ourselves with! I fact it was a disappointingly crap brekkie. Time was of the essence as we had to get over to Southbank in time for the 1pm show and the we weather and paling conundrum had cost a good hour, meaning we arrived at the Casino just after 11am. Having finished our drinks by 11:20 with still no sign of food a different waitress to the one who took our orders double ch...

Fins, fun and freak outs - Day 30

Really didn't sleep well. Up very early to leave for diving, got everything ready. Left before Adrian, Jan and Stuart up. Said goodbye to Rach and Jack. Drove to Brisbane Dive Academy. Got fitted for my whale suit - which was a struggle before the kick off!! Met Mel (HR manager of an aged car company) who was also re-certify and Anna a German living in Brisbane for several years doing an open water dive course. Also met our instructor Sam - born in Plymouth, a good old Devon lad. Loaded up trailer and jumped into Damos truck for the drive down to the dive site. Thought we might be diving in Moreton Bay but actually drove down To Tweed Heads on the Gold Coast at the QLD/NSW border!! Unpacked trailer kitted up, rigged up our O2 tanks, BCDs etc. First dive hoping to tick off most of the compulsory skills - mask work, fin pivots. Walked down some rocky steps into the water had trouble getting my fins on. Got to dive flag and followed the line down to bottom, equalising fine but diffic...