Didn't get much sleep on the plane, as soon as I nodded off the hostesses bought around snacks that I had no desire to eat at 3am (muesli bar and M&Ms) and the seat didn't recline at all. Arrived and got easily through customs and straight to the queue for the car - yet another automatic- could have swapped it but couldn't be bothered to wait even longer. Grabbed a Maccas brekkie and headed out to try to find the car But it took a while. Drove straight to Tamahere through pouring rain but as promised delivered the sun when I got there. Saw Brian's parents and all had lunch. Caught up with Brian, Corina and the kids. Bought fireworks by the side of the road - very bizarre not to have them locked behind a counter. Had first barbie of the Spring at Twins Oaks for dinner.
A relaxing day shopping at DFO (Direct Factory Outlook) at Jindalee. Adrian and I stopped off at Mount Cootha (one tree hill - they have them everywhere) on the way for great views out over Brisbane. I have fond memories of it back in the day being a cool place to hang out and listen to jazz in the sun in a Sunday. Sadly on a Thursday it was nice view but little less chillaxing with the tourists and some local politician about to do a TV interview. We got to DFO and spotted a disabled spot but at the near end of a one way row (wrong way as was no entry so we turned down the next row), as we got to the spot about 45 secs later I was irritated to see someone had taken our spot by driving straight in through the no entry as I got closer I recognised Stuart's Ute and had a quick chuckle to myself! We soon found a park at the opposite end of the car park. We met Rachael and Stuart inside and laughed as I told them about having stolen our park! We mooches around all the shops and ...



Comments
Post a Comment